Question / Answer
Dear Pet Parents,
Fromm Family Foods has seen many changes in pet food during our seven decades in the business. Today, pet parents have more choices than ever, with an ever-increasing selection of brands, diets, or ingredients. However, the abundance of options can also be overwhelming and confusing, especially with so much... Read More▼
Fromm Family Foods has seen many changes in pet food during our seven decades in the business. Today, pet parents have more choices than ever, with an ever-increasing selection of brands, diets, or ingredients. However, the abundance of options can also be overwhelming and confusing, especially with so much competing information online.
We understand that when you have questions about what to feed your dog or cat, you need information you can trust. When you have questions, Fromm wants to be a reliable, credible, and accessible resource for you. After all, we are not only a family-owned business dedicated to animal nutrition; we are also pet lovers ourselves.
That’s why we want you to know about all the ways you can get information about our complete and balanced pet foods, all of which are made in-house at our Wisconsin-based facilities. In addition to requesting information via email, phone 1-800-325-6331, Facebook, or Instagram, you can also ask questions using the “chat now” function on our website, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm central time.
As a fifth-generation family-owned-and-operated company, we are committed to providing high-quality pet products. This goes all the way back to 1949 when our company pioneered the first complete and balanced dry dog food. Fromm’s contributions to pet health have been wide-ranging over the years, from inventing canine and feline distemper vaccines in 1939, to creating recipes with high inclusion of meat and vegetables in the 2000s.
Our long history of innovation and technical excellence continues today, and we look forward to talking with you about it. We hope to hear from you soon.
President and Fourth-Generation Owner
Fromm Family Foods
Use the links below to find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
- What is the reason for your different kibble shapes and sizes?
- What is the difference between product lines?
- Does Fromm offer prescription diets for dogs or cats?
- Dry kibble versus cans, what's the difference?
- Why does the color of your kibble vary?
- What does “All Life Stages” mean?
- With so many Fromm choices, which one is the right one for my pet?
- Can I rotate foods?
- Why is Large Breed Adult Gold Different? (Why does Fromm make a Large Breed dog food?)
- How is Weight Management Gold different?
- How is Fromm Small Breed Adult Gold different?
- How big should your dog be to feed Large Breed Gold?
- Why do you need to feed Large Breed Puppy Gold for so long?
- What is the difference between kitten and cat recipes?
- What influences kibble size?
- Where are Fromm products sold?
- Can Fromm’s products be used for pets in need of a special diet caused by a medical condition?
- Do you recommend Four-Star Nutritionals for puppies and kittens?
- I heard Fromm is good for pets with allergies– why?
- I need my dog/cat to lose weight. What should I do?
- When can I stop feeding puppy food?
- Where can I find specific nutritional levels, such as magnesium, calcium, etc.?
- Is it safe for my dog to eat my cat's food or vice versa?
- At what age do you switch kittens to adult cat formulas?
- At what age do you move an adult cat to a senior cat food?
If you have further questions, please Email Us.